About SEEDS Connections
Engaging and empowering Canadian youth through human diversity and environmental experiential learning to create positive, powerful change in themselves, their communities and society.
SEEDS Connections provides educational programs with a focus on Anti-Racism, Diversity, Leadership, and Environmental sustainability. We inspire youth to integrate the Ghandi quote ‘be the change you wish to see in the world’ into their lives.
With a history beginning in 1976, SEEDS Connections is a unique, national charitable organization (CRA # 107990483RR0001), headquartered in Calgary, Alberta.
Educational Programs Overview
- The CONNECTIONS™ Program is a semester-long, five credit, high school Anti-Racism, Diversity and Leadership program, engaging Alberta Junior and Senior High school students. Their follow up "Be The Change" projects have been presented to an additional 85,000 other students and community members, since 2011:
- empowers youth to utilize their personal leadership and critical thinking skills in affecting positive change in their schools and communities related to Anti-Racism, Diversity, Environmental issues
- connects students with the natural environment and cultivates environmental stewardship
- initiates youth-led proactive school and community activities related to Anti-Racism, Diversity, and the Environment.
- Programs that build students' critical thinking skills and learning in environmental, societal and energy areas include Habitat in the Balance and Wading in for Water online programs that are utilized in the Grades 6 to 12 curricula.