About SEEDS Connections
Engaging and empowering Canadian youth through human diversity and environmental experiential learning to create positive, powerful change in themselves, their communities and society.
SEEDS Connections provides educational programs with a focus on diversity, leadership, environmental sustainability, and energy literacy. We inspire youth to integrate the Ghandi quote ‘be the change you wish to see in the world’ into their lives.
With a history beginning in 1976, SEEDS Connections is a unique, national charitable organization (CRA # 107990483RR0001), headquartered in Calgary, Alberta.
Educational Programs Overview
- The GREEN Schools™ Program is an online resource that supports and connects educators and students who are committed to learning about and improving their impact on the Earth. The program provides project ideas, support and recognition for curriculum-connected, environmental projects and activities taking place in all Canadian schools.
- The CONNECTIONS™ Program is a four-month, five credit, high school leadership program, engaging 32 Alberta schools and over 1,100 students, with their projects presented to an additional 66,000 other students and community members, since 2011:
- empowers youth to utilize their personal leadership and critical thinking skills in affecting positive change in their schools and communities related to diversity, environmental and energy issues
- connects students with the natural environment and cultivates environmental stewardship
- initiates youth-led proactive school and community activities related to the environment and human diversity
- After their positive experience with CONNECTIONS, many students choose to continue their learning and involvement by participating in Alumni projects such as an annual Re-CONNECTIONS Alumni Conference and a 2016 Diversity Calendar fundraising project.
- Programs that build students' critical thinking skills and learning in environmental, societal and energy areas include Habitat in the Balance and the Energy Literacy Series, online programs that are utilized in the Grades 6 to 12 curricula.